Discover the Seven New Wonders of the World on this ultimate bucket list trip
If you have a travel bucket list the length of your arm and are hoping to make a big dent in it … then this trip might be the answer. The 31-day tour takes trippers on a whistle-stop tour of the Seven New Wonders of the World and the last standing ancient wonder.
The trip is being organised by On the Go Tours who are offering it to groups for the first time. It covers five different continents and eight different cities, with 27 nights of accommodation. Philippa George of On the Go Tours explained: “in each destination, the group will have a local English-speaking guide show them around both the country’s Wonder and the other highlights visited. Travellers will get an authentic insight into the country and its culture from a passionate expert guide. They’ll visit the world’s most remarkable man-made structures and experience them in incredible ways, whether enjoying the Taj Mahal at sunset or taking the scenic train journey through the mountains to Machu Picchu.
“Travellers will stay in three to five-star hotels, all of them carefully selected for their comfortable rooms and Western amenities, the things people look forward to coming back to after an active day of sight-seeing.” For more information you can visit their website at On The Go Tours with the first group trip set to take place in October of this year and two more in March and May of 2019.
The trip costs from GB£6295 (US$8797) per person excluding flights, which can be booked separately through the company.
The itinerary in brief:
- The grand tour beings in Rome with a trip to the Colosseum.
- Fly on to Cairo to visit the only survivor from the ancient list, the Pyramids at Giza.
- The Rose City of Petra.
- The Taj Mahal at sunset with guided tours of Old and New Delhi.
- A stroll along the Great Wall of China.
- The famous Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza in Mexico.
- Machu Picchu a mile and a half above sea level.
- The final stop in Rio de Janeiro and its Christ the Redeemer Statue.