- BnA STUDIO Akihabara Spacious studio apartments with cool interiors created by local artists.
- Hanare Hip guesthouse in an old Yanaka house, renovated by Tokyo University of the Arts students.
- Aman Tokyo Gorgeous retreat with excellent views over the city, in Ōtemachi.
- Mustard Hotel New designer hot spot convenient for Shibuya, Ebisu and Daikanyama.
- Sawanoya Ryokan Long-running traveller favourite with wonderfully kind service, in Yanaka.
- Citan Flashpacker style without the price upgrade.
- Mustard Hotel This design hostel in Shibuya also has budget-traveller friendly dorms.
- Bay Hotel Ginza Great value at this capsule hotel in a typically pricey neighbourhood.
- Apartment Hotel Mimaru Akasaka Studio apartments priced nearly as low as a business hotel room.
- Wired Hotel Asakusa Good-value design hotel, near the sights in Asakusa.
- Hotel Niwa Traditional design flourishes at this better-than-ordinary hotel in centrally located Suidōbashi.
Art & Design
- BnA STUDIO Akihabara Each room is the work of a single artist or studio, who shares in the hotels' profits.
- Park Hotel Tokyo Original paintings adorn the walls of every room on the 31st floor.
- Andon Ryokan Minimalist modern ryokan with a solar-powered rooftop Jacuzzi, near Asakusa.
- Reversible Destiny Lofts Stay in a landmark of experimental design in west Tokyo.