When to go and weather
High Season (Nov–Mar)
- A cool and dry season follows the monsoons, meaning the landscape is lush and temperatures are comfortable.
- Western Christmas and New Year’s holidays bring crowds and inflated rates.
Shoulder Season (Apr–Jun, Sep & Oct)
- April to June is generally very hot and dry, with an average Bangkok temperature of 30°C. Sea breezes in coastal areas provide natural air-con.
- September and October are ideal for the north and the gulf coast.
Low Season (Jul–Oct)
- Monsoon season ranges from afternoon showers to major flooding. Rain is usually in short, intense bursts.
- Some islands shut down; boat service is limited during stormy weather. Be flexible with travel plans.