- Crosby Street Hotel Uber-stylish guest rooms and common areas on a cobblestone street downtown.
- Bowery Hotel Gorgeous rooms, a model-draped lobby and great eating and cocktailing options.
- NoMad Hotel A beaux-arts beauty, where Franco-American chic meets meticulous wining and dining.
- Gramercy Park Hotel This revamped grande dame has outlandish style and keys to the coveted park it's named for.
- Freehand New York Midcentury-inspired designer lounges and a rooftop bar, with rooms at affordable rates.
By Budget: $
- Local Affordable dorms and doubles with rooftop views and a great Long Island City location.
- Harlem Flophouse A charming townhouse in the heart of Harlem.
- Carlton Arms Divey, atmospheric art-filled inn just a few blocks east of Madison Square Park.
- Freehand New York The special 'Riding Solo' offer makes this a bargain for solo travelers.
By Budget: $$
- Citizen M Contemporary, high-tech rooms near the heart of Times Square.
- Wall Street Inn Comfy beds and colonial-style rooms in the Financial District.
- Boro Hotel High design with panoramic views in Long Island City.
- Arthouse Hotel NYC Trendy lounge, light-filled rooms and sumptuous marble bathrooms close to the Lincoln Center.
By Budget: $$$
- Knickerbocker A luxurious Midtown option with a fabulous rooftop bar.
- Greenwich Hotel Inner courtyards, individually designed rooms and a lantern-lit pool grace Robert De Niro's hotel.
- NoMad Hotel Beaux-arts delight with apartment-style rooms, Parisian flair and a coveted restaurant and bar.
- Gramercy Park Hotel Richly colored rooms sit above a sumptuous art-filled lobby with jazz-filled bars.
- Standard Unrivaled views from its High Line perch and outstanding amenities.
- Z Hotel The whole city spreads before you at this beauty in Queens.
- Four Seasons Jaw-dropping views over Central Park from a NYC legend.
- Williamsburg Hotel Take in the panoramic sweep of Manhattan from your boutique guestroom.
- Chatwal New York A photogenic art deco beauty with lavish services near the epicenter of Broadway.
- Wythe Hotel Boutique style in trendy Williamsburg, with industrial-chic rooms and a roof terrace.
- Ace Hotel A hipster funhouse with DJs spinning beats in the lobby, and first-rate coffee and cocktails.
- Broome Converted SoHo townhouse with just 14 rooms and a peaceful inner courtyard.
Sleep in Style
- Henry Norman Hotel Bohemian Greenpoint digs in a converted 19th-century warehouse.
- Lefferts Manor Bed & Breakfast Budget brownstone option with historic character and shared bathrooms.
- Wythe Hotel Industrial chic in an old Williamsburg factory, with the perfect rooftop cocktail bar.
- Akwaaba Mansion Inn Roomy suites and period design make this Bedford-Stuyvesant B&B stand out.