- Argentina Residenza Style Hotel Sleek boutique choice in a central location.
- RomeHello Stay at this fab hostel and you'll be supporting local charities.
- Residenza Maritti Inspiring Forum views cap this hidden gem.
- Arco del Lauro Exemplary B&B in a quiet pocket of Trastevere.
- Villa Spalletti Trivelli World-class service and surrounds in a patrician setting.
By Budget: €
- RomeHello Fabulous street-art-adorned hostel operated as a social enterprise.
- Generator Hostel Urban-chic (non)hostelling in Esquilino.
- Althea Inn Roof Terrace Designer comfort at budget prices.
- Beehive Sustainable, friendly and stylish hostel near Termini.
- Hotel San Pietrino Family-run pensione within easy walking distance of the Vatican.
By Budget: €€
- Residenza Maritti Hidden treasure with captivating views over the Forums.
- Palm Gallery Hotel Delightful hotel in elegant residential neighbourhood.
- Arco del Lauro B&B bolthole with ultra-friendly hosts.
- 66 Imperial Inn Bright and comfortable rooms with plenty of extras.
- Relais Le Clarisse Rooms around a tranquil courtyard in bustling Trastevere.
- Casa Fabbrini: Campo Marzio Style on a budget in upmarket Tridente.
By Budget: €€€
- Villa Spalletti Trivelli Stately style in a city-centre mansion.
- Eitch Borromini Elegant rooms and two roof terraces overlooking Piazza Navona.
- Argentina Residenza Style Hotel Charming boutique choice occupying a former monastery.
- Palazzo Scanderbeg Sleek contemporary suites in a 15th-century palazzo.
- Fendi Private Suites Live the fashion-designer dream inside Palazzo Fendi.
- Villa Laetitia Revel in tasteful decor at this Fendi-designed riverside villa.
- Inn at the Roman Forum Modern styling and Roman ruins meet at this elegant bolthole.
- Villa Spalletti Trivelli Glorious mansion with 16th-century furnishings, garden and Jacuzzi-clad roof terrace.
- Relais Le Clarisse Peaceful hotel with farmhouse charm in the heart of Trastevere.
With Rooftop Terraces
- Villa Della Fonte 17th-century townhouse with a trio of rooftop gardens strewn with sun loungers.
- Lungarno Collection: Portrait Roma A 360-degree city panorama unfolds on the terrace of this designer choice.
- First Roma The rooftop restaurant and bar here are among the city's best.
- 9 Hotel Cesàri Enjoy views of centro storico rooftops from this hotel's top-floor bar.
- Eitch Borromini Supremely elegant hotel sporting not one, but two roof terraces.
- Hotel Campo de' Fiori Panoramic views from the terrace of this long-standing Campo de' Fiori favourite.
- Arco del Lauro Modern rooms, perfectly placed on the quiet side of Trastevere.
- Villa Della Fonte Scale this 17th-century townhouse to its rooftop gardens and understand what la dolce vita is really all about.
- Althea Inn A hidden gem near Testaccio.
- Casa Fabbrini: Campo Marzio Glorious three-room B&B in a garden-clad, art-nouveau villa.
- Le Stanze di Orazio An attractive home-away-from-home in upmarket Prati.
- Buonanotte Garibaldi Three rooms in an artist’s villa in a secret Giancolo courtyard.
- Villa Laetitia Sit back and relax in the verdant surrounds of this luxury riverside villa.
- Beehive American-run, boutique hostel with bijou garden perfect for afternoon lounging.
- Hotel Donna Camilla Savelli Luxury, 16th-century, convent hotel with cloister garden and panoramic roof terrace.
- Hotel Sant’Anselmo Charming Liberty-style villa with sunny rear garden.
- Hotel Locarno Art-nouveau gem with large courtyard garden.
- Relais Le Clarisse Pretty internal courtyard with orange trees and a scattering of tables