Palazzo Pamphilj

Historic Building in Centro Storico

Commissioned by Giovanni Battista Pamphilj to celebrate his election as Pope Innocent X in 1644, this elegant baroque palazzo (1650) has been home to the Brazilian Embassy since 1920. Visits are by 40-minute guided tour (in Italian or Portuguese) and must be booked in advance. See the website for details.

The palazzo also hosts occasional art exhibitions at its Galleria Candido Portinari.


Advertisement