St George's Anglican Church

Church in Salamanca Place & Battery Point

Designed by colonial architect John Lee Archer (with a tower designed by convict James Blackburn), this landmark 1838 church sits atop the highest bit of land in Battery Point. It's visible from all over southern Hobart, and from out on the river (returning sailors would use it as a beacon).

A small church museum is open by appointment.