Liliʻuokalani Protestant Church

Church in Haleʻiwa

Haleʻiwa’s historic church, first built in 1832, takes its name from Queen Liliʻuokalani, who spent summers on the shores of the Anahulu River and attended services here. The current building was built of wood in 1890, then rebuilt with cement in 1961. As late as the 1940s, services were held entirely in Hawaiian. Visitors are welcome.