Church of the Holy Redeemer

Church in Warsaw

Built from 1901 to 1911, this elegant place of worship borrows from both the Renaissance and baroque periods. Demolished by the German occupiers during WWII, the church was rebuilt after the war – though the communist authorities weren't happy with its prominence, and withheld permission for its towers to be reconstructed until 1955. Highlights include statues of St Peter and St Paul on the facade, and the chapel of Our Lady of Częstochowa within.

Advertisement