Ask LP Kids: which are the most child-friendly cities?
Exploring a city with kids is quite a different experience to an adult-only city trip. Gone are the days of late nights, extra fancy restaurants and distraction-free people watching. So what makes a city fun for families? Turns out it’s not just having child-friendly and child-focused attractions, important as they are. Food that kids will love plays a key role, as does a friendly local welcome.
Luckily, our amazing community of travelling families has plenty of recommendations for child-friendly cities around the world.
The expert view
'My favourite city to explore with the kids has to be Lisbon. It seems always sunny and happy, with warm smiles everywhere. There are some brilliant places to visit, from Lisboa Story Centre to the aquarium, which is one of the biggest in Europe. Then there are pastel de nata, the best custard tarts out there.'
– Lonely Planet family travel pathfinder Nichola from globalmousetravels.com
Our Twitter community says
Our Facebook fans say
The above comments and more family travel tips can be found on our Facebook feed.
Want to investigate further? Try these helpful extra resources:
1. Parents.com lists their top 10 best cities for kids in the US
2. Here our Pathfinders Globetotting.com share 29 European cities as recommended by fellow family travel bloggers
3. Marie France USA has an article on the top 10 cities in Asia to visit with kids
4. And finally… Lonely Planet writer Abigail Blasi provides eight tips for surviving a city trip with kids
Do you have a question you want answered? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us @lpkids using #asklpkids.