When to go and weather
High Season (Jul & Aug)
- Prices increase by up to 50% by the coast; book hotels well in advance.
- All Vietnam, except the far north, is hot and humid, with the summer monsoon bringing downpours.
- During the Tet festival (late January or early February), the whole country is on the move and prices rise.
- North of Nha Trang can get cool weather. Expect chilly conditions in the north.
- In the far south, clear skies and sunshine are the norm.
Low Season (Apr–Jun, Sep–Nov)
- Perhaps the best time to tour the whole nation.
- Typhoons can lash the central and northern coastline until November.