Rue de la Boucherie

Limoges

Pedestrianised rue de la Boucherie was named for the butchers’ shops that lined the street in the Middle Ages. Today it has many attractive medieval half-timbered houses, and the Maison de la Boucherie operates a small history museum. Tiny 1475 Chapelle St-Aurélien, dedicated to the patron saint of butchers, is maintained by the butchers’ guild.