- Disfrutar An avant-garde venue that is consistently one of Barcelona's most talked-about restaurants.
- Tickets The celebrated restaurant of Albert Adrià, showcasing Barcelona's best nueva cocina española.
- Tapas 24 Carles Abellan creates some of Barcelona’s best tapas.
- La Cova Fumada Cramped, noisy, but unmissable tapas restaurant, open at lunch only.
- Restaurant 7 Portes An elegant spot that's famed for its delectable paella.
By Budget: €
By Budget: €€
By Budget: €€€
- El 58 French-owned space on the newly hip Rambla del Poblenou.
- Quimet i Quimet Mouth-watering morsels served to a standing crowd.
- Palo Cortao A buzzy Poble Sec option with outstanding sharing plates.
- Pinotxo Bar Pull up a bar stool at this legendary Boqueria joint.
- Tapas 24 Everyone's favourite gourmet tapas bar.
- Vivanda Magnificent Catalan cooking with year-round garden dining.
- La Panxa del Bisbe Creative sharing plates on a quiet Gràcia street.
- Cafè de l’Acadèmia High-quality dishes that never disappoint.
- Can Culleretes The city's oldest restaurant, with great-value traditional dishes.
- Bar Muy Buenas Catalan classics amid stunningly preserved 1920s decor.
For Eating Like a Local
- Mitja Vida Mouth-watering tapas and vermouth.
- Can Lluís Loved by Catalans for its great-value daily menú.
- Las Delicias A Sunday morning classic, well located for a walk in Park Güell.
- La Cova Fumada Fight for a table at this scruffy little joint with outstanding food.
- Taverna El Glop A buzzing neighbourhood spot in Gràcia.
Vegetarian & Vegan
- Green Spot Designer dining room with dishes to match.
- Aguaribay First-rate prix fixe lunches and a small but well-executed evening à la carte menu.
- Cerería Pizzas and galettes in an old-fashioned setting.
- Flax & Kale Vast, colourful salads and a truly creative approach.
- Rasoterra Airy vegetarian charmer in Barri Gòtic.
- Veggie Garden Inexpensive Indian-influenced fare beloved by a young crowd.
For Chocolate Lovers
- Mercat de la Boqueria Barcelona's biggest and most famous market.
- Mercat de Santa Caterina Cheeses, bakery items and other goodies, handily located near Parc de la Ciutadella.
- Baluard Barcaloneta Superb bakery for great sourdough bread.
- Mercat de Sant Antoni Fantastic neighbourhood market in a lovely overhauled building.