Flanking Burlington House, home to the Royal Academy of Arts, is this delightful arcade, built in 1819. Today it is a shopping precinct for the wealthy, and is most famous for the Burlington Berties, uniformed guards who patrol the area keeping an eye out for such offences as running, chewing gum, whistling, opening umbrellas or anything else that could lower the tone (that the arcade once served as a brothel is kept quiet).

Running perpendicular to it between Old Bond and Albermarle streets is the more recent (1880) Royal Arcade.