In the more touristy areas of Costa Rica, there’s no shortage of bars and nightclubs. San José has the most going on, with all the dive bars, lounges and dance clubs you could ask for. Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, Sámara, Dominical and Puerto Viejo are top spots for 'un zarpe' (just one more!), but almost every beach town in the country has at least one local bar where everybody goes.
Drinking & Nightlife
- Club Vertigo DJs rock the outer club with house and hip-hop but retreat to the inner Moroccan sanctum for more chill vibes.
- Stiefel Craft beers galore and filling pub food in the capital.
- Sharky’s A different themed party every night at Tamarindo's rowdiest bar.
- 8ctavo Rooftop For the best views of San José.
- La Lora Amarilla Mal País gets its groove on after a full day of surfing at the 'yellow lizard,' just steps from the shoreline.
- Lazy Mon The Chapman brothers' revitalized Puerto Viejo disco keeps it real with live local music.