- Auberge St-Paul Friendly new hostel in a great Old Montréal location.
- M Montréal A great place to meet other travelers, with a first-rate bar.
- Le Gîte du Plateau Mont-Royal Top pick with its rooftop terrace and location near 'the mountain'.
- Les Bons Matins Great value for suites with Jacuzzis and fireplaces.
- Hotel Parc Suites Spacious, attractively designed suites, all with kitchenettes.
- Auberge de la Fontaine Appealing place, particularly the suites with in-room spas and park views.
- Le Lit au Carré Charming three-room inn just a short stroll from one of Montréal's loveliest little parks.
- Accueil Chez François Delicious breakfasts, friendly hosts and good-value rooms.
- Alexandre Logan Rooms at this friendly place are artfully maintained.
- Alacoque B&B Revolution Great value for the attractive rooms and cooked breakfast.
- Héritage Victorien Period-style rooms are named after the 19th-century family members who resided here.
- Hôtel de l’Institut Great prices and hard-working staff at this training ground for aspiring hoteliers.
- A la Carte B&B Get off the beaten path at this lovely inn in Montréal's east.
- Le Petit Hôtel Rooms come in S, M, L and XL at this boutique stay.
- La Citadelle Feels like a new midrange hotel, but it's actually a student dorm outside summer.
- L Hotel A lavish hotel that's packed with artwork by Warhol, Stella and other luminaries.
- La Maison Pierre du Calvet The baroque rooms in this centuries-old gem are absolutely over the top.
- Hôtel Nelligan With one of the best rooftop patios in the city, the Nelligan wins with its old-world setting and great staff.
- University Bed & Breakfast Apartments These tidy rooms in the heart of the city are great value.