Looking like it's popped out of the pages of a story book, this white-slatted wooden building with a black witch's-hat spire was modelled on a traditional Norwegian village church. It was built in 1868 to minister to Norwegian sailors and remained a place of worship until 1974. It has now been reincarnated as an arts centre with a cafe downstairs and a gallery upstairs, hosting exhibitions, concerts, markets and arts courses.

Cultural & Theme Tours activity

'Doctor Who' TV Locations Tour of London

$15

Roald Dahl, whose parents were from Norway, was christened here and served as president of the preservation trust that restored and renovated the church.