Christ Church

Church in Cambridge

Cambridge’s oldest church was designed in 1761 by America’s first formally trained architect, Peter Harrison (who also designed King’s Chapel in Boston). Washington’s troops used it as a barracks after its Tory congregation fled. Adjacent to the church, the Old Burying Ground is a tranquil revolutionary-era cemetery, where Harvard’s first eight presidents are buried.

Advertisement