This graceful memorial to the victims of the 2-28 Incident was opened in 2011. Housed in a beautiful Japanese building dating back to 1931, the permanent exhibition charts the tragic events of February 1947 and also includes a permanent exhibition calling for the establishment of a Truth and Reconciliation Committee to find those guilty. There is only occasional English-language signage, but multilingual audio guides are available.
The building is also lovely to just walk around, especially the sweeping staircase in the central lobby. It was formerly used as a school dormitory, the Taiwan Provincial Assembly offices and the American Institute in Taiwan Cultural Center.