Ujazdów Castle

Castle in Łazienki Park & Southern Śródmieście

Erected in the 1620s for King Zygmunt III Waza as his summer residence, the castle was burned down by the Germans in 1944, blown up by the communists in 1954 and eventually rebuilt in the 1970s. Now it houses changing exhibitions of modern art from the Centre for Contemporary Art.

Advertisement