Kilmacurragh Botanic Gardens

Gardens in Rathdrum

Surrounding the ruins of an 18th-century mansion are these ornamental gardens, originally laid out in 1712 and replanted in the 19th century to reflect the wilder, antiformal style of William Robinson (1838–1935); particularly notable are the South American conifers, the colourful rhododendrons and the avenue of yews. The gardens are 7km east of Rathdrum.