Pyhän Ristin Kirkko

Church in Rauma

Picturesquely sited next to the little Rauma river, this stone beauty was built around 1520 as part of a Franciscan monastery on the site. The interior frescoes date from this era. The church was abandoned after the Reformation; it was re-established as a Lutheran church in 1640, after a fire destroyed the other church in town. The bell tower was constructed with the stones of the destroyed church.