Cuban convertibles (CUC$) and Cuban pesos (MN$; moneda nacional).
Budget: Less than CUC$70
- Casas particulare: CUC$25–35
- Meal in government-run restaurant: CUC$10–15
- Museum entry: CUC$1–5
Midrange: CUC $70–140
- Mid-range hotel: CUC$50–100
- Meal in paladar (private restaurant): CUC$15–25
- Víazul bus travel: Havana–Trinidad CUC$25
Top End: More than CUC$140
- Resort or historic hotel: CUC$200-300
- Car hire or taxi: CUC$60–70
- Evening cabaret: CUC$35–60
Cuba’s socialist economy doesn’t have a history of bargaining, though there may be some room for maneuver on prices at private enterprise markets.
All of Cayo Coco's resorts have money exchanges. Rates are marginally better than the bank.