Cours Le Royer

Square in Old Montréal

Montréal’s first hospital was founded on this narrow lane by Jeanne Mance in 1644. Later a huge commercial complex was built here, leaving several beautiful 19th-century warehouses behind. The buildings caught the eyes of developers in the 1970s and were converted into apartments and offices. Today the buildings line this quiet pedestrian mall pocked with lush greenery.

Advertisement