Government House

Historic Building in Stanley

Perhaps Stanley’s most photographed landmark, rambling Government House has been home to London-appointed governors since 1845 and was briefly occupied by Argentine commander Menendez during the 1982 occupation. Government House is set back about 50m from Ross Rd West by a lush flower garden fronting the glassed-in conservatory. The house has an interesting architectural history with numerous revisions.

Advertisement