Welcome to Whitefish
Tiny Whitefish blends an easygoing outdoorsy mountain town with a fur-lined playground for the glitterati. It's not quite there yet, thankfully, but there's something suspiciously refined about this charismatic and caffeinated New West town. It is home to an attractive stash of restaurants, a historic railway station and an underrated ski resort, as well as excellent biking and hiking on a rapidly growing network of trails. Whitefish is well worth a visit – just get here while it's still affordable. Locals, however, are decidedly unpretentious and measure their wealth not in terms of money, but how many days they get out on the slopes and how many outdoor adventures they have.
Amazing hotels and hostels
We've pre-picked the best hotels, hostels and bed and breakfasts to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Food and drink
- Abruzzo Italian Kitchen in WhitefishItalian
- Whitefish Lake Restaurant in WhitefishSteak
- Loula's in WhitefishCafe
- Stumptown Marketplace in WhitefishFood Hall
- Wasabi Sushi Bar & the Ginger Grill in WhitefishJapanese
- Buffalo Café in WhitefishCafe
- Farmers Market in WhitefishMarket
- Jersey Boy's Pizzeria in WhitefishPizza
Glacier Country Tour
For a special, beautiful view of Montana, take to the skies in a private floatplane....