New Old South Church

Church in Back Bay

This magnificent puddingstone Venetian Gothic church on Copley Sq is called the ‘new’ Old South because up until 1875, the congregation worshipped in the Old South Church on Milk St (now the Old South Meeting House). The Congregational church has an impressive collection of stained-glass windows, all shipped from London, and an organ that was rescued from a Minneapolis church just before demolition.

Advertisement