Khum Jao Luang

Museum in Phrae

Built in 1892, this imposing building, sporting a mixture of Thai and European architectural styles, was the home of the final Lord, or Chao Luang, of Phrae. The structure subsequently served as a governor’s residence and is today a museum on local history (no English signage). Ask to see the basement, which was used to punish and house slaves and prisoners.

Advertisement