Situated on Istorichesky skver (Historical Sq), this museum is where the first ironworks was established in Yekaterinburg in 1723. Today the 19th-century factory and mint building here house machinery and industrial technology used in the mining industry from the 18th and 19th centuries to WWII. Note that the museum was closed for restoration during our visit, but is expected to re-open in 2015.