Historic Building in Zamość

The academy was founded in 1595 by Jan Zamoyski as the third Polish centre of higher education at the time – after universities in Kraków and Vilnius. For a time it attracted students from around Europe, but it fell into decline and was closed by the end of the 18th century. It's also served as a barracks. These days it's closed to the general public.