When to go and weather
High Season (Dec–Feb)
- Maldives enjoys its best weather.
- Expect little rain, low humidity and blue skies.
- Christmas and New Year involve huge price hikes and often minimum stays of five days or more.
- Great weather continues until the end of April, when temperatures are at their hottest.
- The surf season begins in March and continues until October.
- Prices jump during Easter.
Low Season (May–Nov)
- Storms and rain more likely, but weather warm and resorts at their cheapest.
- Prices rise in August for European summer holidays.
- Marine life is more varied on the western side of atolls at this time.