When to go and weather
High Season (Jun–mid-Sep)
- Weather at its best.
- Accommodation rates at their highest (especially in August).
- Tourist peak in Dublin, Kerry and southern and western coasts.
Shoulder (Easter–May, mid-Sep–Oct)
- Weather often good: sun and rain in May, often-warm 'Indian summers' in September.
- Summer crowds and accommodation rates drop off.
Low Season (Nov–Easter)
- Reduced opening hours from October to Easter; some destinations close.
- Cold and wet weather throughout the country; fog can reduce visibility.
- Big city attractions operate as normal.