This fine museum has a small collection of sculptures from the site. The centre piece is the 3rd-century-BC lion capital from the Ashoka Pillar 10. Other highlights include a yakshi hanging from a mango tree, and beautifully serene Buddha figures in red sandstone. There are also some interesting photos showing the site, pre-restoration.
Next door is the preserved Gothic-style ‘bungalow’ of Sir John Marshall, former director of the Archaeological Survey of India. Marshall stayed here from 1912 to 1913 and was the instrumental figure in excavations at Sanchi.