- Orania Hotel Gorgeous urban-chic pad for individualists and style lovers with top-rated restaurant and live music.
- Capri by Fraser Apartment hotel with roomy digs, cool bar and archaeological excavations.
- Michelberger Hotel Fun base with eccentric design, party pedigree and unpretentious attitude that beautifully captures the Berlin vibe.
- Das Stue Charismatic refuge from the urban bustle with understated grandeur and the Tiergarten park as a front yard.
- EastSeven Berlin Hostel Small, personable and spotless crash pad perfect for making new friends.
- Hotel am Steinplatz Golden 1920s glamour still radiates from the listed walls of this revivified art-deco jewel.
By Budget: €
- Grand Hostel Berlin Classic Connect to the magic of yesteryear at this historic lair imbued with both character and modern amenities.
- Wombat's Berlin Fun seekers should thrive at this well-run hostel with hip in-house bar.
- EastSeven Berlin Hostel Friendly and low-key hostel with communal vibe ideal for solo travellers.
By Budget: €€
By Budget: €€€
- Michelberger Hotel Zeitgeist-capturing crash pad with funky industrial DIY aesthetics and popular restaurant.
- Soho House Berlin Members-only club with A-lister clientele-meets-posh boutique hotel in Bauhaus building.
- 25hours Hotel Bikini Berlin Inner-city playground with easy access to top shopping and rooms overlooking the Berlin Zoo.
- nhow Berlin Karim Rashid–designed riverside hotel with guitar rentals and recording studio.
- Casa Camper Crash pad for creatives in the heart of Scheunenviertel hipsterville.
- Honigmond Garden Hotel Urban oasis with antique-filled rooms backed by dreamy ‘Garden of Eden’.
- Ackselhaus & Blue Home This cocoon of quiet and sophistication lets you match mood to room.
- Das Stue Stylish boutique pad with luxe spa and park access for long walks.
- Sir Savigny Sumptuous rooms with beds so sultry you'll be tempted to never leave.
- Hotel Oderberger Comfortable and central hotel in an upcycled 1902 bathhouse with cathedral-like swimming hall.
- Hotel Kastanienhof Family-run east side favourite with woodsy furnishings and historic photographs.
- Hotel-Pension Funk One of the remaining classic B&Bs is a charismatic affair in the former home of silent-movie star Asta Nielsen.
- Hotel Honigmond Colonial-era-style rooms with historic features and refined vibe.
- Wombat’s Berlin Old-school sociable hostel with lots of mod cons in a central location.
- Circus Hostel This Berlin classic is a superb launch pad for fun-seekers and culture cravers.
- Plus Berlin Next-gen hostel with pool in stumbling distance of bar and club central in Friedrichshain.
- Grand Hostel Berlin Classic Historic lair with nostalgic flair and zeitgeist-compatible comforts.
- Brilliant Apartments Stylish designer retreats in Prenzlauer Berg feel like a home away from home.
- Miniloft Berlin Dream sweetly at this architect-owned apartment hotel endowed with a modern, minimalist look.
- Gorki Apartments Oversized pads with eye-candy furnishings and decor close to happening Torstrasse.