House of the Hlahol Choir

Architecture in Nové Město

The House of the Hlahol Choir, built in 1906 by Josef Fanta for a patriotic choral society associated with the Czech National Revival, is decorated with elaborate musical motifs and topped by a giant mosaic depicting Music – the motto beneath translates as ‘Let the song reach the heart; let the heart reach the homeland’.

Advertisement