Church of Sts Peter & Paul

Church in Smíchov & Vyšehrad

There's been a church on this site for around 1000 years, though the distinctive twin steeples, a feature of the Vyšehrad skyline, were added only in 1903, following an extensive neo-Gothic makeover by architect Josef Mocker in the 1880s. The interior is a swirling acid trip of colourful art-nouveau frescoes, painted in the 1920s by various Czech artists.

Advertisement