When to Go
High Season (Dec–Feb)
- Sunny skies and warmish days throughout the Andes.
- Dry everywhere but the Amazon.
- San Andrés and Providencia are gorgeous.
- Prices countrywide are at their highest.
- Bogotá, Medellín and Cali suffer a secondary rainy season in April/May.
- Best whale-watching is July to October on the Pacific coast.
- Cartagena shines through April, hard rains begin in May.
Low Season (Oct–Nov)
- Flash floods often wash out roads in the Andean region.
- Cartagena and the Caribbean coast are disproportionally wet in October.
- Low water levels in the Amazon mean excellent hiking and white-sand beaches.
- Prices everywhere are at their lowest.