When to go and weather
High Season (Oct–Nov)
- Clear skies and warm days make autumn the peak season.
- Thousands of people hit the trails in the Everest and Annapurna regions.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu gets booked up and prices peak.
- The second-best time to visit and trek; spring brings warm weather and spectacular rhododendron blooms.
Low Season (Jun–Sep)
- The monsoon rains (mostly at night) bring landslides, and clouds often obscure mountain views.
- Rain, mud and leeches deter most trekkers.
- Hefty hotel discounts are common.
- A popular time to visit Mustang and Dolpo, or detour to Tibet.