Money and Costs
Bargaining or haggling over prices is not common practice in Liechtenstein.
Budget: Less than Sfr100
- Dorm bed: Sfr30
- Bicycle rental: free
- Pizza or pasta: Sfr15
- Bus pass: Sfr5–10
- Double room in a hotel: Sfr120–150
- Lunch and dinner in local restaurants: Sfr50–60
- Admission to museums: Sfr5–15
- Short taxi trip: Sfr10–20
Top end: More than Sfr250
- Suite in a hotel: Sfr220–500
- Gourmet meals in local restaurants: Sfr100–200
- A day skiing at Malbun with rented gear: Sfr120–200
- Theater tickets: Sfr80
Prices are comparable with those found in Switzerland, and the Swiss currency is used. ATMs widely available. Credit cards accepted in most hotels and restaurants.
For current exchange rates, see www.xe.com.
Tipping is not expected (although it is appreciated) in Liechtenstein.
Swiss franc (Sfr)