Parliament House

Historic Building in Central Hobart & the Waterfront

Presiding over an oak-studded park adjacent to Salamanca Place, Tasmania’s sandstone Parliament House (1840) was originally a customs house. There’s a tunnel under Murray St from Parliament House to the Customs House pub opposite: the official line is that no one knows what it was used for, but we'd hazard a guess… Free 90-minute tours run when parliament isn't sitting (call for availability).

Advertisement