When to Go
High Season (Dec–Mar & Jul–Aug)
- In July and August, southeast trade winds usher in cooler, drier weather but winds whip up the waves.
- Spikes in European school holidays push prices up in July and August.
- Extremely humid between December and February.
- Cyclone activity elsewhere in the Indian Ocean may produce heavy cloud cover between December and March.
Shoulder (Apr, May, Oct & Nov)
- Fewer visitors but temperatures still high.
- Easter can be very busy.
- Normally calm and windless periods, great for swimming and boat excursions.
- Best months for diving visibility.
Low Season (Jun, Sep)
- Accommodation prices slightly lower than high season.
- The sea breeze provides plenty of natural air con.