Gladstone's Land

Historic Building in Old Town

One of Edinburgh's most prominent 17th-century merchants was Thomas Gledstanes, who in 1617 purchased the tenement later known as Gladstone's Land. It contains fine painted ceilings, walls and beams, and some splendid furniture from the 17th and 18th centuries. The guided tours (phone to book) provide a wealth of anecdotes and a detailed history.

Advertisement