- Nadodi Superb Southern Indian degustation menus not to be missed.
- Rebung Seemingly endless buffet of traditional Malaysian dishes.
- Jalan Alor KL's premier eats street has something for everyone.
- Isabel Southeast Asian charmer in a beautifully designed space.
- Chocha Foodstore Delicious modern Asian cooking plus a tea sommelier.
By Budget: $$
Beta KL Imaginative reworking of Malay dishes, swoon-worthy interior design.
Southern Rock Seafood Go-to spot in Bangsar for fish and seafood.
Botanica + Co Covers all the culinary bases well including Malay food, pizza and salads.
Eat X Dignity Dining on the Malay and Western dishes here helps support a charity school for disadvantaged kids.
By Budget: $$$
Malaysian & Peranakan
- Sambal Hijau Authentic Malay cooking with more than 50 dishes to try.
- Limapulo Homestyle authentic Peranakan food, amazing laksa.
- Enak KL Classy restaurant serving traditional cuisine.
- Baba Low's 486 No-frills Peranakan that tastes totally authentic.
- Bijan Malay cuisine with fine-dining flair in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Yun House Heavenly dim sum at luxury hotel overlooking KLCC park.
- Sek Yuen Pudu landmark with dishes made in a wood-fired kitchen.
- Yut Kee Classic Hainanese kopitiam known also for its Western-style dishes.
- Restoran TKS Feel the heat at this Sichuanese joint on Jln Alor.
Indian & Sri Lankan
- Lawanya Food Corner Homestyle cooking at a family-run curry joint in Brickfields.
- Sri Nirwana Maju Banana-leaf heaven in Bangsar.
- Restoran Yarl An array of tasty Tamil food from northern Sri Lanka.
International & Fusion
- Merchant's Lane Tasty mash-up of Eastern and Western dishes.
- Mr Chew's Chino Latino Bar Gorgeous penthouse restaurant and bar with fun finger-food menu.
- Geographer Fine mix of both local and international dishes in Chinatown.
- Nutmeg Great cakes, bagels and other global cuisine specials such as Scandinavian cured fish.
- Yeast Bistronomy Brilliant bistro-bakery in Bangsar Baru.
- French Feast Comforting cassoulet and other French bistro–style dishes in Bukit Bintang.
- Brasserie Fritz Not exclusively French but certainly in the tradition of grand Parisian brasseries.
- Strato Tasty pasta and pizza high up the Norman Foster–designed Troika building.
- Nerovivo Classy Italian eatery in a bungalow close to Changkat Bukit Bintang.
- Proof Gourmet pizzas paired with a decent selection of wines.
- Madras Lane Hawkers A treasure hidden behind Chinatown's wet market.
- Glutton Street Pudu alleyway crammed with delicious hawker food.
- Jalan Imbi Hawker Stalls A great alternative to touristy Jln Alor – and much cheaper.
- Sushi Hinata Sublime sushi, sashimi and other haute-Japanese creations.
- Santouka Rich pork-broth ramen noodles in Pavilion KL.
- Kaiju Japanese dishes such as ramen but with a spicy Thai twist.
- Dharma Realm Guan Yin Sagely Monastery Canteen Join office workers for a healthy lunch.
- Ganga Cafe Wholesome South Indian food on Bangsar's Lg Kurau.
- Blue Boy Vegetarian Food Centre Remarkable hawker-style cafe at the base of a backstreet apartment block.
Bakery & Patisserie
- Imbi Market at ICC Pudu Try popiah rolls, rice porridge and noodles and creamy egg tarts.
- Masjid India Pasar Malam A wide range of excellent food stalls at this Saturday-night market.
- Bangsar Sunday Market Noodles, satay and fresh juices at this lively and mainly daytime market.
- Madras Lane Hawkers Sample excellent asam laksa and yong tau fu next to Chinatown's wet market.
- Colonial Cafe at the Majestic Hotel High tea with all the trimmings served in a gorgeous orchid-filled conservatory.
- Atmosphere 360 Gorge on the buffet in Menara KL's revolving restaurant.
- Delicious Classic array of nibbles that's generous enough for two to share.
- Sangeetha Try tiffin snacks at this long-established Indian restaurant.
Of the Chain Gang
- Acme Bar & Coffee Ever reliable bistro food served with style.
- Ben's Tempting range of Western and Malay comfort foods.
- Little Penang Kafé Offering excellent versions of Peranakan specialities.
- Nasi Kandar Pelita Flash mamak with branches near KLCC and in Bangsar.
- Saravana Bhavan Famous vegetarian operation with several outlets.