When to Go
High Season (Nov–Mar)
- Warm, sunny weather, with balmy but cool evenings.
- Calm seas perfect for diving, boat trips and swimming.
- Peak tourist numbers and prices, especially over frenetic Christmas and New Year.
Shoulder Season (Apr & Oct)
- Quiet beaches, hotel bargains, but just a few beach shack restaurants and huts open.
- Seas may be too rough for swimming or boat trips.
- April can be hot and very humid.
Low Season (May–Sep)
- Most tourist operations close.
- The monsoon brings rain, humidity, green countryside and local celebrations.
- Fewer tourists so the perfect time to experience ‘real’ Goan life.