Old Russian Church

Church in Ninilchik

Reached via a posted footpath behind the Village Cache Gift Shop, or from the highway on Orthodox Ave, the historic bluff-top structure was built in 1901. It sports five golden onion domes, and commands an unbelievable view of Cook Inlet and the volcanoes on the other side. Adjoining it is a prim Russian Orthodox cemetery of white-picket cribs.

Advertisement