Timor-Leste in detail
- Ataúro Checking out the world's best reefs on this island a short trip from Dili.
- Mt Ramelau Climbing to the peak of Timor-Leste's highest mountain at dawn to watch the sun rise over the clouds.
- Jaco Island Enjoying a day lazing about on the powder-white sands, with dazzling snorkelling just offshore.
- Balibó Making the pilgrimage to the place where five Australian-based journalists were killed in 1975, and staying in the Balibó Fort Hotel opposite.
- Maubisse Enjoying the accommodation and food of this misty mountain town.
- Loi Hunu Relaxing in a riverside bungalow, climbing to see former guerilla hideouts and trekking up Mundo Perdido ('Lost World').