Igreja Nossa Senhora da Vitória

Church in Miragaia

In Porto's medieval Vitória quarter, this church stands on land that once belonged to the Jewish community. Completed in 1539, it was given a baroque makeover in the 18th century following a devastating fire, and features impressive woodcarvings from this period. The Nossa Senhora da Vitória (Blessed Virgin Mary) sculpture in the altar is the handiwork of feted sculptor Soares dos Reis.

Advertisement