St Michael's Church

Church in Forbidden City & Dongcheng Central

Within the former Legation Quarter is this wonderfully gothic church, established in 1901 to serve the neighbouring Former French Legation and meet the spiritual demands of the expanding foreign enclave.

In the 1950s the church became part of a primary school, but was reopened as a place of worship in 1989.