Welcome to Commercial Drive
Reinvented by European, mostly Italian, immigrants in the 1950s and by counterculture types in the 1960s, this is one of the city's liveliest and most eclectic neighborhoods for a half-day stroll. Eschewing chains, the main drag is studded with quirky stores and coffee shops, each with their own distinctive but welcoming character. A great dining strip, it's also a short hop from the Drive to Vancouver's (and perhaps Canada's) tastiest microbrewery district, also known called Yeast Vancouver.
Highlights in Commercial Drive
Amazing hotels and hostels
We've pre-picked the best hotels, hostels and bed and breakfasts to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Food and drink
- Caffè La Tanna in Commercial DriveItalian
- Havana in Commercial DriveLatin American
- Sweet Cherubim in Commercial DriveVegetarian
- Via Tevere in Commercial DrivePizza
- Fratelli Baking in Commercial DriveBakery
- Pie Shoppe in Commercial DrivePies
- Cannibal Cafe in Commercial DriveBurgers
- Tangent Cafe in Commercial DriveDiner
- La Mezcaleria in Commercial DriveMexican
- Downlow Chicken Shack in Commercial DriveChicken