This grand modern art gallery specialises primarily in 20th-century Hungarian art, with numerous temporary exhibitions throughout the...
Once part of a grand 2nd-century complex of two temples dedicated to the Egyptian goddess Isis by Roman legionnaires (one of only three...
Béla Bartók Concert Hall
Housed in the former synagogue.
With images of Asia adorning its walls, a spacious, modern interior and huge terrace, Móló is packed in the evenings with a clientele...
Lonely Planet review
This lovely twin-towered Moorish building is the former synagogue, designed in 1881 by the Viennese architect Ludwig Schöne. Today it’s a music school and the attached Béla Bartók Concert Hall . All that remains of the town’s formerly thriving Jewish community is a plaque that marks the spot from where ‘4228 of our Jewish brothers and sisters were deported to Auschwitz on 4 July 1944’.